Fast-Cure Polyurea Polyaspartic for Residential and Commercial Concrete
Polyurea polyaspartic or what is commonly called “chip floors” are the perfect solution for anyone who wants an extremely durable, yet very fast curing floor coating solution. If you’re looking for a solution that will protect your garage, warehouse or any other type of commercial flooring needs, polyurea polyaspartic coating is probably the best option for you. Although it’s very similar to epoxy floors, polyurea polyaspartic is much quicker to cure, that why it’s one of the top Las Vegas garage flooring options.
What is Polyurea Polyaspartic?
Polyurea polyaspartic coating is a fast-cure coating. Depending on the particular application it can cure anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. The surface area is similar to water which makes it extremely easy to apply in most surface areas. After the coating is applied and properly cured it has the ability to withstand extreme weather conditions. This means that you don’t have to worry about temperature regulation whatsoever.
How is this Better than Other Concrete Coatings?
- Polyurea polyaspartic coatings are ideal for garage floors as well as other commercial floors.
- One of the reasons for this is because of the impressive qualities that protect it from chemical spills as well as abrasions.
- Most jobs can be fully completed within five hours.
- It is considered to be a very cost-effective flooring solution because of its long lifespan.
- It’s known for its versatility as it can be effectively applied to many different types of weather conditions which can range from extremely hot to extremely cold.
- It is known for its impressive moisture resistance, so it’s great for areas that are damp.
- You don’t have to worry about discoloration caused by the sun as it has UV resistant qualities.
- Surfaces that are coated with polyurea polyaspartic will also not be prone to bubbles even in extreme cases of humidity.
Polyurea Polyaspartic Coating Installation Process
Step 1: The process starts with surface preparation. Any dirt or debris could affect adherence so the surface must be clean and ready for a new coating.
Step 2: The two parts are mixed together and applied to the surface quickly but efficiently. Because it is a fast-drying coating, it needs to be installed immediately before it starts to harden and becomes harder to work with.
Step 3: Paint chips can now be added, if desired, and then a second coating is applied to seal them in. Any loose chips are swept or scraped off the surface for a smoother finish.
Proper Maintenance for Resurfaced Garage Floors
A polyurea polyaspartic floor is stronger and less porous than concrete. It is almost immune to any acid, chemical, or anything that could cause stains or any other type of damage. Simple sweeping or dry mopping is enough to keep it clean. Try to avoid any cleaning material that contains soap, vinegar, or anything related to citrus fruits as these may contain acids that may reduce glossiness and leave a residue.
The average cost of a polyaspartic installation is about $2 to $3 per square foot. It can go higher depending on several factors, one of which is the addition of paint chips, which could push the rate to $3 to $5 per square foot. The amount of surface preparation needed will also incur more charges if it requires several repairs. The size of the job also plays a huge role in the installation cost.
Call us at (702) 979-7722 to hear from one of our Polyurea Polyaspartic professionals today!
Concrete Resurfacing Las Vegas is known for exceptional craftsmanship and dedicated customer service. We create custom concrete surface solutions that combine form and function to bring your vision to life. For 20+ years, our team of installers has taken great pride in providing the best in polyurea polyaspartic installation on both residential and commercial concrete surfaces.
If you want a decorative concrete company that cares about your project as much as you do, then schedule a consultation to find out if we’re a good fit for your next project. Call us today!