Your driveway is an essential part of your property, and it’s only natural that you’d want to keep it in good condition.
However, some unscrupulous individuals exploit this desire by scamming property owners with driveway resurfacing services. In this blog, Concrete Resurfacing Las Vegas will discuss how to spot driveway scams and avoid being a victim.
Warning Signs If A Driveway Resurfacing Service Is Scamming You
The first step to avoiding driveway scams is to know how to spot them.
For example, you should be careful if someone comes to your door and says they have extra asphalt or seal coat and can fix your driveway for a low price. You should also be wary if they want you to pay in cash and advance.
A fake contractor gives you a price that is only good for today or says they are only in the area for a short time. The most obvious is when a contractor can’t give a solicitor permit.
Be Not a Victim of It: Tips to Avoid Driveway Service Scams
As a property owner, you must know how to avoid driveway scams. Only rely on trustworthy services like concrete resurfacing Las Vegas which are known among the locals and have been doing business with loyal clients in the area.
Here are some tips to keep you from falling victim to faulty resurfacing:
Tip 1: Know Their Common Tactics And Targets
Scammers usually go after frail people, like the elderly or living alone. Keep the following in mind to keep yourself safe:
- Please don’t open the door for them entirely. Speak to them through doorbell cams.
- Suppose a person or group knocks on your door and claims someone you know or someone close to you asked them to resurface your driveway. In that case, don’t believe them immediately, even if the person’s description sounds true.
- Video call or facetime the person the solicitor claims to ask for their services. A simple text may not work, as scammers can hack your contact person.
- Driveway scammers may also force you to decide quickly.
Tip 2: Verify Contractor Information
Knowing the average cost of resurfacing a driveway can help avoid being scammed. Here are some suggestions:
- Do your research on the company before you hire them
- Ask for references and check if the claims are accurate, not just automated paid reviews.
- Check the contractor’s license and insurance certificates. See if it is valid and not forged.
- Ask for a solicitor permit every time. Legit contractors should have one; if they can’t give you one, that’s a red flag.
Tip 3: Verify Prices And Payments
Find out the average cost of repaving a driveway in your area before you get quotes. Here are some more ways to stay safe:
- Be careful if you pay with cash. Most of the time, honest contractors will ask to be paid by check made out to their business name.
- You should avoid prices that seem too good to be true. If a contractor gives you a quote much lower than the others, it could be a sign of a scam. Verify their promos if they claim it that way.
- Also, be wary of contractors who offer prices for “today only” or say they will only be in the area for a short time
Be Alert and only rely on professional driveway repair Las Vegas services. Remember that it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If you need more clarification on a contractor, it’s better to take the time to do your research than to risk getting scammed.